- Rhymes: -ɪpəl
- The projection of a mammary gland from which, on female mammals, milk is secreted.
- An artificial nipple (definition 1) used for bottle-feeding infants.
- A mechanical device through which liquids can be passed in a regulated manner.
- A short tube threaded at both ends, used as a connector.
- Turn the nipples on to the bicycle spokes only one turn, for each spoke on the new wheel all the way around until they are all snug, then check alignment.
- In the context of "jargon": Any small physical protrusion, such as the lumps on the F and J keys on American keyboards.
- Any small physical protrusion on an automotive, a machine part or any other part that fits into a groove on another part.
- Armenian: պտուկ (ptuk), կրծքապտուկ (krtsqaptuk)
- Basque: titiburo, erro
- Breton: beg ar vronn
- Catalan: mugró
- Chinese: 乳头 (rǔ tóu)
- Crimean Tatar: emşek
- Czech: bradavka , prsní bradavka
- Dutch: tepel (1), speen (2), nippel (3, 4)
- Finnish: nänni (1), tuttipullo (2)
- French: mamelon (1) tétine (2)
- German: Nippel (1, 4), Brustwarze (1)
- Hawaiian: maka waiū, maka
- Hebrew: פטמה (pitma)
- Interlingua: papilla
- Irish: sine
- Italian: capezzolo (1,2) , ugello (3)
- Japanese: 乳首 (ちくび, chikubi), ニップル (nippuru)
- Korean: 젖꼭지 (jeotggokji)
- Kurdish: sermemik , serçiçik
- Latin: papilla
- Malay: dot
- Old English: delu
- Pitjantjatjara: , ipi mulya
- Portuguese: mamilo , bico do seio (1), chupeta , chupadouro , bico de mamadeira (2)
- Russian: (sóska) , сосок (sosók)
- Scottish Gaelic: sine , ceann-na-cìche
- Serbian: sisak, bradavica
- Spanish: entrerrosca , pezón
- Swedish: nippel, spene , bröstvårta
- Stephen Jay Gould, "Male Nipples and Clitoral Ripples", in Adam's Navel and Other Essays, London: Penguin, 1995.
nipple in Arabic: حلمة
nipple in Czech: Bradavka
nipple in Danish: Patte
nipple in German: Brustwarze
nipple in Spanish: Pezón
nipple in Esperanto: Mampinto
nipple in Persian: نوک پستان
nipple in French: Mamelon
nipple in Iloko: Mungay
nipple in Latin: Mamilla
nipple in Dutch: Tepel
nipple in Japanese: 乳首
nipple in Norwegian: Patte
nipple in Polish: Brodawka sutkowa
nipple in Portuguese: Mamilo
nipple in Finnish: Nänni
nipple in Swedish: Bröstvårta
nipple in Tagalog: Utong
nipple in Chinese: 乳頭
adjutage, bag, boobs, bosom, breast, breasts, brisket, bust, catheter, chest, crop, drainpipe, dug, efflux tube, fire hose, flue pipe, funnel, garden hose, gas pipe, hose, hosepipe, knockers, mama, mamelon, mamelonation, mammary gland, mammilla, mammillation, nenes, organ pipe, pap, papilla, pigeon breast, pipe, pipeline, pipette, piping, reed, reed pipe, siamese, siamese connection, siphon, snorkel, soil pipe, standpipe, steam pipe, stem, straw, tap, teat, thorax, tit, tits, titties, titty, tube, tubing, tubulation, tubule, tubulet, tubulure, udder, waste pipe, water pipe